3/17/10

Borders

And Your Assignment This Week . . .
It's amazing how many things in our lives have border designs ~ in my life anyway ~ I am not a minimalist. I've been looking around getting inspiration for sketchbook enhancements, and using simplified ideas from rugs, dishes, flower pots . . .

My class this morning did a quick watercolor sketch of radishes. It is so much fun to see all the different and beautiful interpretations. Their sketchbook assignment for the week is to do a few borders, and to pull something out of the fridge and do a quick sketch.

It was a nice sunny day here today. Warm enough for a walk down by the waterfront. There is still ice along the edge of the Bay, but it can't last too much longer. Well, I guess it could, and I think snow is predicted for the weekend.

1 comment:

Marj said...

Catherine, those borders are wonderful--love all the color combos. I'm getting out my sketchbook to try some of those (around my house). Yeah--snow flurries possible for us too on Sunday! My Daffodils are pretty hardy--I think they will weather thru it :-)