1/14/11

Still Life Shelf and a New Plan of Attack

Contour Drawing of Classroom Shelf

This is a small painting of about half of the high shelf that runs the length of one wall in my classroom. I keep my still life props here.  The walls really are orange  -  I know  -  very inappropriate for a studio/classroom.   It makes us happy, okay?

I'm still going through a stack of papers that I piled up as I weeded out things a couple of weeks ago.  Some of the things are inspiring, some are loose ends, some just need to be filed, and some could really just be tossed.  The problem is I never get to the bottom as I sort, so it all gets stacked up again if I get interrupted.  So, I see something here  -  the organized way of sorting into categories of action is not working for me.  Now I am going to take one paper at a time and do whatever needs to be done with that paper, right then and there.  Okay, we'll see how this new plan of attack works out.

4 comments:

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things said...

Oh yes, orange, the color some folks hate so much. (I took a class once called "The Fear of Orange"!)

However, orange is the color for learning new things (as green is for growth, red for energy and anger both). It is also a color of excitement.

So there ya go. If it makes you happy in addition, it's a win-win-win!

Your new plan of attack sounds like a win-win, too. I work somewhere between, taking small amounts of paper to sort. (Nothing works perfectly!)

Catherine said...

Dabbler - a class called "the Fear of Orange"! Personally, I have no fear of orange, but I know it isn't everyone's favorite.

Everyone seems to struggle with greens. Mmmmm - how about a class called "The Fear of Green". I bet it would go. Or has it been done?

Marj said...

If you call it (the color orange) "Vermilion" like Davinci Paint Co., it's not so scary :-) I just used it on a wc of a tangerine. Your still- life goodies look inviting against the orange.
"The fear of green" could interest me :-0
Having fun trying to finish filling my first (bookbinding) book--so I can start sketching/waterc. in my new journal.

Catherine said...

Marj - I really am thinking of doing a "fear of green" workshop :)

Your blog is beautiful. I can just imagine how wonderful your hand bound journal looks with those paintings in it.