5/15/20

Accordion Journal


A Sample of my Accordion Journal
A few pages from my accordion journals that I'm keeping during this "stay at home" thing.  Some days are just plain hard, and some not so hard  -  what's the difference  -  nothing changes.  

A very dense fog just rolled up from the Bay.  This would all feel better with a little warmth and sunshine. The sketching and painting feel really good.  It feels normal.  Giving myself some goals makes me a little accountable, even if it's just to my journal, or the little peg-man I drag to the street on google street view.

Are you sketching?





3 comments:

Shelley Gibbons said...

Hi Catherine,

I'm up at our Lake City cottage watching the rain fall, and looking at all of your new (to me) work on your blog. I surely wish I could zip up to Petoskey and take a painting class with you. My friends I've brought to your Bay View classes meet twice weekly on Face Time to exercise and do creative thing together. It's been a ray of sunshine to reach out and connect during quarantine.
I'm glad to see you're doing well! ~Shelley

Lesley said...

Catherine, how nice to see your accordion journal. I love that idea and will give it a try. I have been painting more than I usually do during this very sad time. I have 2 friends that I zoom watercolor with every Friday. It has been very enjoyable and helps me to learn a little more each time.
I have the fondest memories attending your workshop on Mackinac Island. We made journals with Cathy. Then we watercolored as we roamed about looking at the lovely gardens and homes of Mackinac. You did several demonstrations which were so very helpful. I do hope that you can offer that adventure again as I would love to attend. Wishing you and Cathy well.

bluevase said...

Catherine, I love your accordion journal! I've just finished one holding my teabag paintings. Inspired by Ruby Silvious, our sketching group (we now Zoom on Wednesdays instead of meetup) has been painting on used teabags. It's my second one. The first was Travel T-Doodles, the second, Food T-Doodles. Before that we did a scarf project, painting our own scarves inspired by Dr. Birx of the Corona Virus Whitehouse Task Force. We compiled them in a book and sent a copy to her. These are strange times, but creative people come up with creative ways to use it as a blessing.