11/12/09

Figs and Produce

Glen Ellen, CA

This painting was done from the journal sketch I posted a few days ago. It's a watercolor done on Arches 140 cold press, 11" X 15". After I photographed the painting, I grayed down the fence in the background to set it back a little more.

I could almost smell the eucalyptus trees as I painted this. The scent is very strong in this area of California.

I accomplished quite a bit today ~ mailed out the summer schedule for the Bay View publication, delivered my card order ~ even went to the grocery store! ETC. I have been blobbing around for so long, that it feels good to be catching up. Of course the blobbing felt good too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Makes me want to walk there, for it ooks just like the 'real thing'. (My husband came from Calif.) Seeing this makes me long to paint...but I'm still down with 'ole lupus.
My grandchildren, 5 and 3, each got a little set of paints today, so I gave them some of Nana's cheaper paper. They were thrilled, which thrilled me. BJR