7/7/09

Terrace and Maple

Huddling on the Corner in Bay View.

A very cold day to be outside painting. We actually huddled in a tight group to keep warm. It's a good thing we are using limited painting supplies ~ it is easier to huddle that way. Everyone seemed to have fun and they really turned out some great watercolor sketches. What a group ~ they didn't even complain when we did the octagon house on the hill. The perspective of a house on a hill is pretty different anyway, and then to have it an octagon! They did a great job.

It was just tooo cold for the morning class to go out. We stayed in and worked on composition. They have been such good sports about the weather. Maybe next week we will be able to paint at MemorialGardens. We keep trying! I think maybe summer starts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marj said...

OK! We're all thinking "Sunshine and warmer for Catherine's Classes"! Always love your sketches.
The color is makes me wish I was there.

Marj said...

Catherine, I read a short article in the Det. Free Press about Sketching your travels. I sent it to your triton address--it reminded me how much I learned in your Sk. Class about enjoying my trips all over again (because they are recorded in my Sketchbook in living Watercolor.)