10/5/08

Rainbow Vegetables

I was preparing vegetables for roasting and Littlest Granddaughter was scrubbing them. When I got them all cut up and tossed with fresh herbs, she said, "It's a rainbow!!!"
They are beautiful. aren't they. The recipe can be found here.

I served the vegetables with a maple marinated pork loin which was a big meaty looking hunk of meat to someone who doesn't eat a lot of meat. However, it was very good, and for the first time in my life I cooked a piece of pork without completely ruining it.

It was a nice weekend - a little yard work, a trip to the bookstore, a trip to the library, a midget football game (only rained on us a little bit), a birthday celebration for one of my husband's co-workers . . .

Tomorrow I plan to finish up a small painting and get started on a commission. I'll get busy and get some paintings posted and quit pretending that this is a food blog.

No comments: