11/17/11

Day Seventeen

Salt and Pepper Shakers
My friend, Cathy, called this morning to say she was in town running errands  -  how about lunch?  Today is Thursday, so they weren't serving their fabulous tomato Gorgonzola soup, and their loaded potato soup looked like it might be loaded with everything I am trying not to eat  -  cheese, milk, cream, butter - Yum.  I ordered my favorite sandwich - hummus, roasted peppers, artichokes. . .so good!  It was warm and cozy in the restaurant and we could have stayed all day, but life goes on.

November 17th.  I just realized when I wrote the date in my sketchbook, today is the anniversary of the day my husband and I met.   Years and years ago.  He was in the Air Force, and when I met him, he was on his way from Key West to Omaha.  He was gone for another year and when he came home we decided to get married.  In the few months before our wedding, he worked nights and weekends and I worked days, so we still didn't see each other.  How well could we have possibly known each other?  Well enough, I'd say!  Tonight is spaghetti night.  I'll put candles on the table.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

best wishes of the day from Canada to you, how very romantic. lovely, enjoy your candle light dinner, love the salt and peppers, beautiful.

Marj said...

Happy Memories! Bet Cliff was (is) a handsome soldier :-)
I like your tomato S & P's better than the real ones. Love the colors.
Time to make that Tomato-Gorgonzola Soup again...since we don't live near "Tomato's"

Catherine said...

Thank you Laurie!

Catherine said...

Marj - I never saw him in uniform!He was far away.

I am not sure how the tomato colors are showing up - they are very different on my two computers. Yes, it is time for "the" soup. I have been on a pumpkin soup kick.

Diana said...

congratulations, have a wonderful evening.. sounds like wonderful lunch too! Diana

Catherine said...

Thanks Diana. We had fun reminiscing. I thought he was pretty cute, and he had a new Camaro : )