9/22/11

Cedar Campus

Cedar Campus on Northern Lake Huron
in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
 I attended a women's retreat here Friday and Saturday.  Such a beautiful spot.   I wish that I had taken a picture of the moon on the water  -  spectacular!

Last night was our life drawing group, and I was just too tired to go.  But I went anyway and, boy, did it feel good!  I really struggle with life drawing, but I enjoy doing this once a week.  It feels so positive -  I'm struggling with it, but doing it anyway because I want to LIKE it.  I'm getting there.

Keep those pencils, pens, and brushes moving!

8 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Got your book..I mean MY book and I love it! You have taught me so much already and I realize I was totally inhibiting myself trying to make everything look perfect and like a photograph and that was NOT the look I wanted (or could ever achieve) so I gave up. But not after reading your words and seeing the photos of your work. It is what my mind sees and what my heart & soul see..not my inner-child 9brat) who is critical! Bingo! Well, gee, that was weird, huh? Some crazy lady in Utah..
loved today's blog painting :-)

XXOO

Catherine said...

Thanks Colleen - I'm so glad you like the book. It is hard to give up the detail and perfectionism, but once we do, it makes painting (and life) so much easier.
XXOO to you too:)

Carol C said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!!

Catherine said...

Thanks Carol. It was a beautiful spot.

Mary Lou Peters said...

I'm glad you had a nice time at Cedar Campus. It's a favorite spot of mine but I've never painted there. Your painting is lovely--it gives me such a peaceful feeling, just like the place.

Catherine said...

Thanks Mary Lou - it was a very calm and peaceful spot.

Anonymous said...

Oh!...beautiful!! I love this painting. So pretty and peacful. Ahh! BJR

Catherine said...

BJR thanks! It was a very peaceful place.