11/23/10

Pitcher and Salt Shaker

In My Sketchbook Journal on Arches Cover, Cream
This paper is a warm creamy color.  The texture is very soft, as if it has no sizing, but I like the way it takes watercolor.

I was having a lot of trouble concentrating on the pitcher. I wasn't really connecting, as you can see by all the lines all over the place. But I like it.  I feel as though I captured it, and some scribbles here and there don't bother me.  It's a sketchbook!

I always feel whatever happens with a drawing in my sketchbook is just part of being in the moment.  I wasn't concentrating at the moment.

Our turkey was up against some pretty stiff competition today at the fourth grade luncheon, and I'm happy to report she won the beauty contest!

3 comments:

Marj said...

Lovely drawings/watercolor! (even with the "lines." You have so many pretty dishes. Congrats to Oceannie (the turkey) she (it) deserved 1st place. Have a great Thanksgiving.

annie said...

Oh, wonderful, Catherine--congrats on Ms Turkey. She's indeed a beauty and has so much personality.

annie

Catherine said...

Marj and Annie - thanks. All the turkeys were wonderful - it is a very creative bunch of kids.