6/5/10

Salt Shaker at the City Park

Another Salt Shaker Added to the Collection

I love to take my sketchbook to lunch - or dinner. I've started a collection of salt shaker drawings just for the fun of it. They can be done very quickly, and I don't have to paint them if it seems inappropriate at the time to get out my little palette and a brush.

This drawing was done while I was having lunch with friends, and I added the color later, just for the joy of playing with color.

Yesterday was my Kick-Off Summer Journal Workshop. We spent the morning outside until it started to rain, and then we came inside, turned up the heat, and made hot tea. Everyone came up with some great sketches anyway. It just goes to show you, there are things to paint wherever we are.

Keep your eyes open and the brushes movin'.

4 comments:

Marthann's Musings said...

Oh I love this one, it seems so delicate and inviting. Great work.

Catherine said...

Thanks Marthann!

Margaret said...

LOL! I don't think the people of Petoskey and Bay View would be shocked to see you painting in City Park Grill - would probably enjoy it. We will be there for a week or two in the summer - can't wait to walk the beach, the cottages and the downtown. Not to mention lunch at City Park Grill - I can smell the rolls and butter now!

Catherine said...

Margaret,
When I say "inappropriate", I'm referring to space and time constraints. I think it's perfectly appropriate to paint anywhere! And no one ever pays any attention to me - is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I hope the weather warms up for your visit!