3/2/10

Almond Accents

Sketching at the Art Show

Saturday I went with friend Karen to do an art show. I went as a helper and not a participant. Fun! Really fun! It was a nice day away from the routine, and we talked and laughed about anything and everything. It was nice to spend some time with artist friends and see what they had been working on over the winter.

You would have thought with all the booth set-ups and people, I could have found something more interesting to paint than the package of almonds for my salad. Well, I didn't. I didn't really try - I was pretty comfy in my little corner.

This week my new class session starts. We are going to be doing some things in our sketchbooks throughout the eight weeks. I'll have to be on my toes to keep ahead of them - they're a talented and motivated group. But hey, the sun has been shining for the last few days - I'm up for anything.

3 comments:

Marj said...

Would love to have you post some of your sketchbook assignments...I've been trying to keep drawing/painting in my Sk.Bk. each day--even doing some chairs around the house. (those are always a challenge.) Guess I will go and watercolor them now....
Looking forward to Spring Weather!
Maybe I'll indulge in some almonds
:-) :-)

Anonymous said...

OK remember a lot of what we talked and laughed about stays in the vault!

I am so motivated being back in class. I already did two journal entries. We have a great group and awesome teacher. And...as you said the sun!

Thank you again for setting aside your projects and coming to the art show with me. It made a fun day out of one that could have been not so good. Karen

Catherine said...

Marj - I will be posting sketchbook "stuff". I really want to get in the habit of using my s.b. for everything - lists, lessons, value sketches etc etc etc... and I hope to inspire my students to do the same. I'll keep you posted.

Karen - No one else would appreciate what we laughed and talked about anyway - you have to be slap happy at an art fair to understand :)

It is a great group in the class. I am anxious to see your journal entries.